Spaghetti Pie – The Easiest and Most Delicious Dinner
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Diet: Vegetarian
Do you love pie? Do you love pasta? Well those are two very silly questions – who doesn’t love pasta and pie? My yummy family recipe for spaghetti pie is an absolute crowd / family pleaser. I promise!
Spaghetti Pie (made this way) is one of my all time favorite dishes that my mom made growing up. White it is beyond delicious on its own, the possibilities of additions are endless. From adding a protein to mixing in some of your favorite veggies or pretty much anything you have leftover. Here are some of my favorites – (spinach, broccoli, red pepper, grilled chicken, pepperoni, prosciutto or ham) See! endless possibilities and I could keep going. Make a spaghetti pie ASAP, your family will be stoked.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese
- salt / pepper
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta (optional)
- marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add in spaghetti and cook for 11 minutes.
- Drain and immediately add a good amount of olive oil to the spaghetti to prevent it from sticking.
- Transfer to a buttered baking dish.
- Add in eggs, pecorino Romano, and pepper to taste.
- Dollop with ricotta or any toppings you like.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
Kid-friendly tip: I like to cut the spaghetti pie into strips and serve with a side of marinara for dipping.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Entree
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: spaghetti, italian recipes, italian dishes, vegetarian recipes, vegetarian