Kid Approved Veggie Nuggets
- Total Time: 55 minutes
For the adults, toddlers, and babies in your family
These veggie-packed veggie nuggets are one of my favorite ways to get my toddler to indulge in various vegetables. My little guy loves broccoli, so that is always an ingredient I use, but it is so easy to swap veggies with the ones your kiddo likes or with veggies you have in the house, especially ones that may need to be used up. Just be sure to chop everything into similar size pieces.
Another reason I love making these nuggets is since I’m chopping and prepping an array of veggies, I set some aside to mash up for the baby. Serious timesaver, and everyone is eating the same. I don’t like feeling like I’m making different meals for everyone. Let me know if you try these veggie nuggets out – for the your kids or adults in your life!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped into small bite size pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped into small bite size pieces
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp tyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Meanwhile boil sweet potatoes until fork tender about 10-15 minutes. When sweet potatoes are done, drain and place in a large bowl – mash till smooth.
- To mashed sweet potato add broccoli, cauliflower, eggs, ricotta, breadcrumbs and all the spices. Mix to combine.
- spray hands with some cooking spray and form mixture into a nugget shape, I used a heaping tablespoon serving for each nugget. Place on prepared baking sheet about 1/2 in apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for a total of 20-25 minutes (flip halfway) or until desired crispiness is obtained.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: kid-friendly meals, veggie nuggets, vegetarian recipes