Why Roasted Mini Peppers?
Roasting mini peppers is a culinary transformation that unlocks a depth of flavor you won’t want to miss. The roasting process caramelizes the natural sugars in the peppers, intensifying their sweetness. Simultaneously, a touch of char adds a subtle smokiness that elevates their taste to a whole new level.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
1 medium shallot, 1 tbsp chopped parsley, 1 garlic clove, minced, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Step-by-Step Recipe: Homemade Roasted Mini Peppers
1. Preheat the Oven:
- set your oven to broil
2. Prepare the Peppers:
- Wash and dry the mini peppers thoroughly.
3. Roasting Time:
- Arrange the peppers on a baking sheet in a single layer. You can line the sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Roast the peppers in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly charred
- remove from oven and let cool. Once you can handle, pop the stem tops off of the peppers and discard. You can remove the seeds too – I don’t with these mini peppers – the seeds in them don’t bother me.
- place peppers in a bowl or glass dish and add in shallot, garlic, parsley, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. season with salt and pepper
5. Flavor Variations:
- Experiment with different flavors to elevate your roasted mini peppers:
- Toss the peppers with minced garlic before roasting for an extra layer of flavor
- Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the peppers as they come out of the oven for a creamy contrast
- Garnish with chopped fresh herbs like basil or thyme for a fragrant finish